With everyone only able to enjoy a Valentine’s Day night in this year due to lockdown, a Liverpool company is helping people create the ultimate romantic scene at home.
The Festive Group, who has decorated the homes of footballers Trent Alexander-Arnold and Mo Salah for Christmas, has been taking bookings for Valentine’s from Liverpool couples looking for the wow-factor.
This year, the city’s restaurants will remain closed on February 14 with a lockdown review not due to take place until later in the month. That means people will need to get creative at home this year if they want to make Valentine’s memorable and many have been turning to The Festive Group for inspiration.
Enter your postcode below to find out about coronavirus cases in your area:
Head of operations, Paul Lally said: “Romance is definitely in the air. The pandemic has certainly encouraged our clients to be more organised and creative this Valentine’s Day.
“Our team has worked extremely hard with our customers to make sure that pandemic proposals and celebrations will be every bit as personal and breath-taking as what they might have initially planned. Popping the question to the one you love is one of the most important moments of your life so we just want to make sure it’s as memorable as possible.
“From dreamy decorative doorways, wreaths, flower arches, flower walls and giant props, to the ultimate romantic woodland scene-setting and prop hire; fully dressed homes and gardens, micro-marquees for two and even super-cosy garden sheds, The Festive Group will be making sure that February 14th is one of the most romantic on record.”
Being in lockdown is certainly not stopping people from popping the big question. Charlotte Donoghue from Liverpool jewellers Say it with Diamonds said: “We have definitely seen an increase this month in sales of engagement rings and most men are telling us that the difficulties of the past year has confirmed to them that if couples can get through a pandemic, they are confident that they can get through anything life has to throw at them.”
Get the top stories straight to your inbox by signing up to one of our free newsletters
If you want to transform your home for Valentine’s Day, The Festive Group stylist Jackie Chapman has shared her top tips to create a romantic space:
- Choose a space that is special and makes you feel comfortable and one which you think you will be able to transform relatively easily (current guidelines permitting)
- Identify any key features in the space i.e. fireplace, table and make sure whatever decoration you choose to include is balanced either symmetrically or asymmetrically
- Pick out your dominant feature, colour or theme and use this to create flow and a journey through the dressed area
- Using different textures are great for creating contrast, shiny satin and matt contrasts work very well together. Drapes can create dreamy atmospherics if twinkly lights are included and rugs scattered with petals can look impressive
- Make sure your dressing is in proportion to the surroundings and to scale
- The use of lighting, candles and uplighters can add warmth and depth to create a romantic ambience and set the mood
- Adding some personal touches like favourite glasses, special photographs, or special gifts will add a personal touch to melt the heart!